|Action||Promulgation of new regulation banning concealed firearms in executive branch agency offices|
|Comment Period||Ends 1/27/2016|
Dear Sir/Madam: The proposed regulations by the governor to ban concealed carry for legal law-abiding citizens and open carry are completely unacceptable and should be withdrawn. The regulation proposes to accomplish nothing except to make it unsafe for law-abiding citizens and safe for terrorists and other criminals to prey on innocent citizens. Please keep in mind that all mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Criminals and terrorists do not follow the law to make the citizens of Virginia safer. Actually the regulation will have the opposite effect by giving criminals, terrorists, and the criminally insane an area where they know they can commit crimes and mass shootings with few repercussions until the police arrive.
Disarming law-abiding and good honest American citizens of their right to carry a firearm not make anyone safer. Actually it has the opposite effect.
In addition, the Gov. and Atty. Gen. simply do not have the authority for this regulation. If the citizens of Virginia wanted the governor to have such authority the General assembly would have voted to give it to him.
The governor’s proposed regulation is simply a solution in search of a problem. It not only endangers government employees, law-abiding citizens, and innocent visitors but it lacks those criminals and terrorists who want to do were harm that there is now another gun free zone where they can commit a massacre unimpeded until law enforcement arrives. In the San Bernardino massacre dozens of law-enforcement officers and deputies with they are within four minutes but they could not save the lives of 14 people, 14 innocent human beings, 14 American citizens, 14 mothers,’ fathers', brothers', and sisters. Mass murders happen within one minute or less and the police are always minutes away. If one or two of those victims had been armed with a concealed carry permit lives would have been saved that day.
We all support the police but they cannot be everywhere and they cannot do everything.
* All but two of the public massacres since 1950 had been committed by criminals and terrorists in “gun-free zones,” which is exactly what this regulation creates
* Off-duty police officers are also prevented from carrying
* Bans in rest stops send a very uninviting message to, and endanger the lives of, interstate travelers
* The cost of providing additional security to protect everyone who has been disarmed by this regulation will be prohibitive
* If parking lots are included in the ban, then citizens will be disarmed to and from their residences and everywhere in between
Be Seeing You,
Robert L Eufemia