Agencies | Governor
Virginia Regulatory Town Hall
Agency
Department of Health Professions
 
Board
Board of Counseling
 
chapter
Regulations Governing the Practice of Professional Counseling [18 VAC 115 ‑ 20]
Action Requirement for CACREP accreditation for educational programs
Stage NOIRA
Comment Period Ends 7/1/2015
spacer
Previous Comment     Next Comment     Back to List of Comments
6/1/15  1:17 pm
Commenter: Mark Donovan, LCPC, LCADC, Congruent Counseling

I appose CACREP Only requirement
 

Hello,  Please accept my objection to the CACREP only requirement proposed by the VA board.  While we currently practice in Maryland, we are looking into expanding in Virginia. If this ammendment passes, I will not exapnd to VA.  We currently provide therapy to over 600 adults, teens, children and families per week in Maryland.  90% of my staff are LCPC's that did not gradueate from a CACREP program.  The other 10% are Social workers.  I myself have a degree in Counseling Psychology, a program totally ignored by CACREP.  My practitioners provide exceptional care as is evidenced by our client feedback, our ongoing customer referrals, and our clients progress.  We also accept all commercial insurances.  Do not limit the number of exceptional providers who can serve VA residents.  If you do this, my company will not consider adding Virginia as a viable place to serve people in need.

 

Yours in Service, (or not)

Mark Donovan, LCPC, LCADC

CommentID: 39967