Page 22 - the link takes you to VCU website but says the page is not active and the link as noted below on page 23 goes to the VA Code. Still has incorrect form numbers. For example, the DSP Basic competency and health competency have the same form number. This has never been updated.
Previous Comment submitted during last review (Nov 2021). A signed assurance document confirms the receipt of instruction in the required training topics. Assurance documents are specific to DSP/DSP Supervisor role. There are two versions and DSPs and DSP supervisors complete the version that matches their role within the organization. These assurance documents are available online at: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/admincode/title12/agency30/chapter122/section9998/
These forms at this link had incorrect form numbers, etc. A vaACCSES member previously let Jason Perkins and Eric Williams know this back in 2021 and this still has not been fixed.
We understand that this section is included to be consistent with DARS.
Here is our recommendation for edits to improve language:
When the individual has demonstrated a period of stability in employment independent of service intervention the individual supports may move to a follow-along status. Stability in employment is determined by the following criteria:
· Intervention has reached a "plateau" or leveled out;
· Individual demonstrates appropriate work behaviors and social skills on the job;
· Individual can perform expected job duties;
· Individual is satisfied with the job and work environment;
· Supervisor is satisfied with the individual’s job performance;
· Necessary worksite modifications and accommodations are in place;
· Transportation to and from work is reliable; and
· Compensation is at or above minimum wage and not less than wages paid by employer for same work performed by people without disabilities.
Follow-Along is defined as those on-going supports necessary to assist an individual with a developmental disability to sustain maintain competitive work in an integrated setting of their choice. Upon reaching stability and follow along, the support team and the individual should discuss whether:
Here’s our recommendation
· Vocational or job-related discovery (we are recommending to take this out as its confusing and is covered in the CE section) or assessment such as a situational assessment – when the individual completes attempts work tasks in one or more competitive employment environments in the community. The purpose of the SA is to assist individual in determining vocational options, direction, goals and training strategies.