|Action||Amend Standards for Licensed Child Day Centers to Address Federal Health and Safety Requirements|
|Comment Period||Ends 5/12/2021|
Montessori Specific Allowances Request
*Perhaps it would be clearer and better interpreted if the Montessori principles were set apart from the more traditional programs.
Things that could be included:
- Program director requirements
- Teacher requirements (could register with the state as they do in Ohio)
- Vet the Montessori programs through a simple application process, so that traditional Montessori practices and materials remain and still have inspections, just a different set of Montessori specific allowances.
- Balanced mixed age group only applies to Montessori programs
- Montessori materials used are allowable
- Larger class sizes are required to achieve independence and peer teaching/role modeling.
Please consider adopting the below Montessori Essentials for state/commonwealth consistency as other states have done.
Adopting the Montessori Essentials link here