Guidance Document Change: The Model Policies for the Treatment of Transgender Students in Virginia’s Public Schools guidance document was developed in response to House Bill 145 and Senate Bill 161, enacted by the 2020 Virginia General Assembly, which directed the Virginia Department of Education to develop and make available to each school board model policies concerning the treatment of transgender students in public elementary and secondary schools. These guidelines address common issues regarding transgender students in accordance with evidence-based best practices and include information, guidance, procedures, and standards relating to: compliance with applicable nondiscrimination laws; maintenance of a safe and supportive learning environment free from discrimination and harassment for all students; prevention of and response to bullying and harassment; maintenance of student records; identification of students; protection of student privacy and the confidentiality of sensitive information; enforcement of sex-based dress codes; and student participation in sex-specific school activities, events, and use of school facilities.
Commenter: C S. Young
on several layers I am opposed to this.
- We are created male and female.
2. Ask any medical professional when a baby is born, it takes a half a second to say if a baby is male or female.
3. By teaching this you are setting our children up for failure. Life is hard enough with real choices to be made.
4. If a family chooses to raise their child this way I still disagree but that is their Choice, just as it is mine not too. 5.
5. To teach our children to deceive their parents is teaching them to deceive their future boss, their future spouse and their future family. Without allegiance to the family you can trust no one.
American Phychological Association has stated that gender confusion is not a healthy option. By passing this you would only be promoting more confusion in the lives of our children.