18VAC105-20-75. Registration for voluntary practice by out-of-state licensees.
Any optometrist who does not hold a license to practice in
Virginia and who seeks registration to practice on a voluntary basis under the
auspices of a publicly supported, all volunteer, nonprofit organization
no paid employees that sponsors the provision of health care to populations
of underserved people throughout the world shall:
1. File a complete application for registration on a form
provided by the board at least
15 five business days prior to
engaging in such practice. An incomplete application will not be considered;
2. Provide a complete list of professional licensure in each state in which he has held a license and a copy of any current license;
3. Provide the name of the nonprofit organization, the dates and location of the voluntary provision of services;
4. Pay a registration fee of $10; and
5. Provide a notarized statement from a representative of the nonprofit organization attesting to its compliance with provisions of subdivision 2 of §54.1-3202 of the Code of Virginia.
and 54.1-3202 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 19, eff. July 2, 2003; amended, Volume 24, Issue 22, eff. August 6, 2008.