A horse is ineligible to start in a race when:
1. The owner does not possess the required permit issued by the commission or has not applied for the appropriate permit;
2. The trainer, authorized agent, or the person having care and supervision of the horse does not possess the appropriate permit issued by the commission or has not applied for the required permit;
3. The horse's certificate of foal registration, eligibility certificate, or other registration document issued by the appropriate breed registry is not on file with the racing secretary or permission to start the horse without these documents has not been obtained from the stewards;
The horse A Thoroughbred has not been lip-tattooed or does not possess a readable microchip approved applied by The Jockey Club for the purposes of identification the designated personnel appropriate to the breed of horse, or is a Standardbred that has does not had possess a lip tattoo, freeze-brand number, or readable microchip applied by the designated personnel appropriate to the breed of horse;
5. The ownership of the horse has been transferred without notifying the racing secretary and the appropriate breed registry;
6. The horse is subject to a lien or lease that has not been approved by the stewards and filed with the racing secretary and horsemen's bookkeeper; or
7. Nominating, sustaining, entry, starting or any other required fees have not been paid for the horse by the time specified in the published conditions of the race.