18VAC140-20-51. Requirements for licensure by examination as an LBSW or LMSW.
A. In order to be approved to sit for the board-approved examination as an LBSW or an LMSW, an applicant shall:
1. Meet the education requirements prescribed in 18VAC140-20-60.
2. Submit a completed application to the board office to include:
a. The application fee prescribed in 18VAC140-20-30; and
b. Official transcripts submitted from the appropriate institutions of higher education.
B. In order to be licensed by examination as an LBSW or an LMSW, an applicant shall:
1. Meet the requirements prescribed in 18VAC140-20-60; and
2. Submit, in addition to the application requirements of subsection A of this section, the following:
a. Verification of a passing score on the board-approved national examination;
b. Documentation of any other health or mental health licensure or certification, if applicable; and
c. A current report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB).
3. For licensure as a LBSW, submit documentation, on the
appropriate forms, of the successful completion of the supervised experience
requirements of 18VAC140-20-60 along with documentation of the supervisor's
out-of-state license where applicable. An applicant, whose former supervisor is
deceased or whose whereabouts is unknown, shall submit to the board a notarized
affidavit from the present chief executive officer of the agency, corporation,
or partnership in which the applicant was supervised. The affidavit shall specify
dates of employment, job responsibilities, supervisor's name and last known
address, and the total number of hours spent by the applicant with the
supervisor in face-to-face supervision.