18VAC60-21-430. Exemptions from requirement for registration.
The following shall be exempt from requirements for registration as a mobile dental clinic or portable dental operation:
1. All federal, state, or local governmental agencies;
2. Dental treatment that is provided without charge to patients or to any third party payer;
3. Clinics operated by federally qualified health centers with a dental component that provide dental services via mobile model to adults and children within 30 miles of the federally qualified health center;
4. Clinics operated by free health clinics or health safety net clinics that have been granted tax-exempt status pursuant to § 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code that provide dental services via mobile model to adults and children within 30 miles of the free health clinic or health safety net clinic; and
5. Clinics that provide dental services via mobile model to individuals who are not ambulatory and who reside in long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, adult care homes, or private homes.