Department of Medical Assistance Services
Board of Medical Assistance Services
Waivered Services [12 VAC 30 ‑ 120]
|Action||Three Waivers (ID, DD, DS) Redesign|
|Comment Period||Ends 3/31/2021|
Commenter: Michelle Witt, BCBA, LBA
- Very pleased to see that telehealth / telephonic services will continue! This is a great change and much needed.
- Please consider changing the unit of service to 15 minute increments for improved accuracy. At a minimum, please provide specific guidance on how to bill in 1 hour units when services are often less than or more than 1 hour.
- Consider changing the 180 day limit on initial SAs to annual.
- Clarify quarterly report due dates. Do the dates align with the ISP or when TC services were approved and started?
- Clarify "in-kind paperwork" please. The addition of specific requirements for quarterly reports to include graphed data, etc. (which I support), it should be billable.
- Will the SIS be made available via WaMS if it is a requirement that TC providers have a copy of this? If not, would the TC provider's assessment, which should be "age-appropriate" suffice?