Virginia Regulatory Town Hall
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Charitable Gaming
Charitable Gaming Regulations [11 VAC 20 ‑ 20]
Action Promulgation of Charitable Gaming Regulations by Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, including electronic gaming provisions
Stage Proposed
Comment Period Ended on 11/23/2022
Previous Comment     Next Comment     Back to List of Comments
11/6/22  10:57 am
Commenter: Phyllis Werkheiser-Smyth County Moose Lodge 1004

Charitable Gaming more regulations and taxes

We are a private fraternal organization. Our members play the machines. Now quests can play with a member's money. But we can't pay employees to police this policy?

Can we use gaming proceeds to pay bills? No gaming money, no electric, no water, no internet to keep the machines connected and no building because we can't pay insurance and the mortgage or do upkeep on the building and grounds.

Members spend their money to play the machines at the lodge, but we can't use that money to have entertainment in the Social Quarters for the members who play the machines and keep the lodge going?

Why 40% donations? Bingo which is open to the public is 10%.

What will count as UOP to meet the 40%? Please spell out exactly what we can use as UOP.

Do the Casino's have to make large donations as well?

Do the gas station "Skill" games have to make donations?

Lets be fair here.


CommentID: 205109