|Action||Promulgation of Charitable Gaming Regulations by Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, including electronic gaming provisions|
|Comment Period||Ends 11/23/2022|
As a non-profit organization we are required by the Federal Government to give 10% of our charitable gaming monies raised to charity. Now we will be required by Virginia State Law to give an additional 40% to charity? So we now will be required to give a total of 50% to charity to meet both, Federal and State Law?
If we get off a paper pull-tab jar that nets us $750 profit, after giving 50% away, that means our total profit is $375. Out of that $350, we cannot pay wages to our bartenders who sells the paper pull-tabs, pay the electric bills which allows members playing the paper pull-tabs to see the numbers on the pull-tabs or pay for the dumpster to be emptied to properly get rid of the "bad" paper pull-tabs or pay our mortgage which provides a place for the paper pull-tabs to be sold. Therefore, how are to sell paper pull-tabs or have any charitable gaming at all seeing that any charitable gaming outside our social quarters is illegal?
In my opinion, this is a bad law that is only going to hurt charitable giving which I will discuss in my next post.