|Action||Adopt new standards for licensed private child-placing agencies.|
|Comment Period||Ends 4/1/2011|
I concur with Delegate Bob Marshall's requests that:
1. Their legal authority to require agencies to accept applicants whose sexual orientation behavior may include grounds for divorce from the bond of matrimony (VA Code § 20-91);
2. Their legal authority to add "sexual orientation" to the Commonwealth’s discrimination statutes;
3. Their legal authority to compel compliance by adoption agencies, whether or not faith-based, to process applicants whose behavior is rejected as immoral by the Old and New Testaments;
4. Proof that this new policy complies with Virginia Supreme Court decisions;
5. Peer review social science and other literature and research including longitudinal or long term research explaining why children should be placed for adoption by persons regardless of their sexual orientation.
6. Economic impact on state revenues should faith-based adoption agencies suspend their adoption programs because of policies they consider immoral, unethical or harmful to the development and welfare of children.
French D. Mackes, Jr.
Virginia Beach, Virginia