18VAC47-20-180. Records of interments.
A permanent record shall be kept of every interment in the cemetery, showing the date of the interment, the name of the person interred, together with information identifying the specific location in which the interment was made. For interments made pursuant to § 54.1-2312.01 of the Code of Virginia, the permanent records shall also include the type and name of the pet interred and the name of the owner with information identifying the specific location in which the pet interment was made.
18VAC47-20-190. Prohibited activities.
In addition to the acts set forth in §§ 54.1-2314, 54.1-2315, and 54.1-2316 of the Code of Virginia, the board may discipline a licensee or registrant for the following acts:
1. Employing or affiliating with by independent contract, sales personnel not registered with the board.
2. Unless otherwise addressed in this chapter, failing to retain for a period of three years all records required by this chapter or Chapter 23.1 (§ 54.1-2310 et seq.) of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia at the place of business in Virginia of the licensed cemetery company.
3. Failing to produce to the board or any of its agents, upon request, any document, book, or record required by this chapter or Chapter 23.1 (§ 54.1-2310 et seq.) of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia.
4. Failing to respond to an inquiry by the board or any of its agents within 21 days.
5. Advertising in any name other than the name in which licensed or registered.
6. Furnishing substantially inaccurate or incomplete information to the board in obtaining, renewing, reinstating, or maintaining a license or registration.
7. Allowing a cemetery company license or sales personnel registration to be used by an unlicensed cemetery company or unregistered sales personnel.
8. Acting as or being an ostensible licensee for undisclosed persons who do or will control or direct, directly or indirectly, the operations of the licensee's business.
9. Having failed to inform the board in writing, within 30
days, that the company, an officer, director, or compliance agent
has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere or was convicted and found guilty of any
felony or any crime involving moral turpitude.
10. Having failed to inform the board in writing, within 30 days, of a disciplinary action in a jurisdiction where licensed, including suspension, revocation, or surrender in connection with a disciplinary action.
11. Failing to reasonably maintain the buildings, grounds, and facilities of a cemetery licensed to a cemetery company.
12. Failing to file any report required by Chapter 23.1 of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia.
13. Engaging in negligent, improper, fraudulent, or dishonest conduct.
14. Failing to segregate entirely the section of the cemetery dedicated to the interment of pets or the interment of human remains and the pets of such deceased humans by means such as hedge, wall, tree line, fence, roadway, or other similar physical barrier or boundary.
15. Permitting the interment of a pet in the same grave, crypt, or niche as the remains of a human.
16. If a cemetery company has a section devoted to the interment of pets or the interment of human remains and the pets of such deceased humans, any advertisements failing to clearly state the cemetery company has such section or sections in its cemetery.
17. Failing to clearly mark the section or sections devoted to the interment of pets or the interment of human remains and the pets of such deceased humans with signage that is reasonably apparent to the general public.
18VAC47-20-270. Standards of approval of training course.
All training courses shall be approved by the board. The
training course shall be at least
eight four hours and include
appropriate testing procedures to demonstrate an understanding of the topics.
The training program shall include, but is not limited, to the following
1. Cemetery Board statute and regulations;
2. Perpetual care trust fund requirements;
3. Preneed trust fund requirements;
4. Preneed burial contracts;
5. Interment records;
6. General price list;
7. Itemized statement of goods and services provided;
10. Funeral rule; and
11. Proper care, maintenance, administration, and embellishment of the cemetery.
18VAC47-20-280. Special interment requirement
A licensed cemetery company may establish a section in its cemetery devoted to the interment of pets or the interment of human remains and the pets of such deceased humans in accordance with § 54.1-2312.01 of the Code of Virginia. All other provisions of this chapter shall apply.