Compliance With Federal Regulations
Every person who transports or offers for transportation
hazardous materials within or through the Commonwealth of Virginia shall comply
with the federal regulations governing the transportation of hazardous
materials promulgated by the United States Secretary of Transportation with
amendments promulgated as of October 1,
2010 2011, pursuant to the
Hazardous Materials Transportation Act, and located at Title 49 of the Code of
Federal Regulations as set forth below and which are incorporated in these
regulations by reference:
1. Exemptions. 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart B.
2. Registration of Persons Who Offer or Transport Hazardous Materials in 49 CFR Part 107, Subpart G.
3. Hazardous Materials Regulations in 49 CFR Parts 171 through 177.
4. Specifications for Packagings in 49 CFR Part 178.
5. Specifications for Tank Cars in 49 CFR Part 179.
6. Continuing Qualifications and Maintenance of Packagings in 49 CFR Part 180.
7. Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in 49 CFR Parts 390 through 397.