A. A physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who holds a current, unrestricted license in the United States, its territories, the District of Columbia, or Canada may be licensed in Virginia by endorsement.
B. An applicant for licensure by endorsement shall submit:
1. Documentation of having met the educational requirements prescribed in 18VAC112-20-40 or 18VAC112-20-50. In lieu of meeting such requirements, an applicant may provide evidence of clinical practice consisting of at least 2,500 hours of patient care during the five years immediately preceding application for licensure in Virginia with a current, unrestricted license issued by another United States jurisdiction or Canadian province;
2. The required application, fees, and credentials to the board, including a criminal history background check as required by § 54.1-3484 of the Code of Virginia;
3. A current report from the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB);
4. Evidence of completion of 15 hours of continuing education for each year in which the applicant held a license in another United States jurisdiction or Canada, or 60 hours obtained within the past four years;
5. Documentation of passage of
an examination equivalent to the national examination as prescribed by the board Virginia examination at the time of initial licensure or documentation of passage of an examination required by another state or Canadian province at the time of initial licensure in that state or province; and
6. Documentation of active practice in physical therapy in another United States jurisdiction or Canada for at least 320 hours within the four years immediately preceding his application for licensure. A physical therapist who does not meet the active practice requirement shall successfully complete 320 hours in a traineeship in accordance with requirements in 18VAC112-20-140.
C. A physical therapist assistant seeking licensure by endorsement who has not actively practiced physical therapy for at least 320 hours within the four years immediately preceding his application for licensure shall successfully complete 320 hours in a traineeship in accordance with the requirements in 18VAC112-20-140.