2VAC5-405-100. Recordkeeping requirements and reporting for the application of fertilizer.
A. Licensees, contractor-applicators, and state agencies, localities, or other governmental entities subject to this regulation shall maintain records of each application of fertilizer to nonagricultural land for at least three years following the application. These records shall be available for inspection by the commissioner. Each record shall contain the:
1. Name, mailing address, and telephone number of customer, as well as address of application site if different from customer's mailing address;
2. Name of the person making or supervising the application;
3. Day, month, and year of application;
4. Weather conditions at the start of the application;
5. Acreage, area, square footage, or plants treated;
6. Analysis of fertilizer applied;
7. Amount of fertilizer used, by weight or volume; and
8. Type of application equipment used.
B. Contractor-applicators and licensees who apply lawn fertilizer
and lawn maintenance fertilizer to more than a total of
acres of nonagricultural lands annually, and state agencies, localities, or
other governmental entities that apply lawn fertilizer and lawn maintenance
fertilizer to nonagricultural lands under their control, shall submit an annual
report on or before February 1 indicating the total acreage or square footage
by zip code of the land receiving lawn fertilizer and lawn maintenance
fertilizer in the preceding calendar year. The report shall be submitted
on a form prescribed by the commissioner.