Department of Labor and Industry
Safety and Health Codes Board
Periodic Review of this Chapter
Includes a Small Business Impact Review
Date Filed: 4/1/2003
Regulation Title: 16 VAC 25-160-10 et seq. Construction Industry Standard for Sanitation
Description: Requires employers engaged in construction activities to furnish, without cost to the employees, potable water, toilet facilities and hand washing facilities. Potable drinking water containers as well as toilet and hand washing facilities are required to be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition. The potable drinking water which must be furnished under the regulation must be suitably cool and in sufficient amounts so that it is not completely consumed during the workday. Drinking water must be dispensed in single-use cups.
DOLI seeks public comment regarding the following questions:
4. Does the regulation meet the following goals?
- Reduce the incidence of material impairment of the health of Virginia workers due to workplace exposure to known hazards.
- Require sanitary facilities for construction workers equal to those required for agricultural workers.
- Protect the public's health, safety and welfare with the least possible cost
and intrusiveness to the citizens and businesses of the Commonwealth.
2. Is the regulation written clearly and understandably?
Written and electronically submitted comments may be submitted from May 3, 2004 through May 25, 2004. Comments should be sent to Jennifer S. Cavedo, Regulatory Coordinator, Department of Labor and Industry, 13 South Thirteenth Street, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 371-2631; Fax (804) 371-6524 or e-mail email@example.com.
Publication Information and Public Comment Period
Published in the Virginia Register on 5/3/2004
begins on the publication date and ends on 5/25/2004
Comments Received: 0
Retain the regulation with no changes
Attorney General Certification
Prior to early 2014, AG periodic review certifications were done off-line