Department of Labor and Industry
Safety and Health Codes Board
Regulation Concerning Licensed Asbestos Contractor Notification, Asbestos Project Permits, and Permit Fees
[16 VAC 25 ‑ 20]
Periodic Review of this Chapter
Includes a Small Business Impact Review
Date Filed: 12/20/2002
Regulation Title: 16 VAC 25-20-10 et seq. Regulation Concerning Licensed Asbestos Contractor Notification, Asbestos Project Permits, and Permit Fees.
Description: Establishes the notification requirements for certain asbestos projects and provides for the payment of permit fees based on the size of the asbestos project.
DOLI seeks public comment regarding the following questions:
1. Does the regulation meet the following goals?
- Reduce the incidence of material impairment of the health of Virginians due to exposure to asbestos in the workplace or as an environmental pollutant.
- Provide process for asbestos contractors to notify the government of asbestos projects and to pay fees to cover the costs of administering the program.
- Protect the public's health, safety and welfare with the least possible cost and intrusiveness to the citizens and businesses of the Commonwealth.
2. Is the regulation written clearly and understandably?
Written and electronically submitted comments may be submitted from May 3, 2004-May 25, 2004. Comments should be sent to Jennifer S. Cavedo, Regulatory Coordinator, Department of Labor and Industry, 13 South Thirteenth Street, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 371-2631; Fax (804) 371-6524 or e-mail email@example.com.
Publication Information and Public Comment Period
Published in the Virginia Register on 5/3/2004
begins on the publication date and ends on 5/25/2004
Comments Received: 0
Retain the regulation with no changes
Attorney General Certification
Prior to early 2014, AG periodic review certifications were done off-line