Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Expiration Date: 12/5/2023
Submitted to Registrar for publication:
I. The Commission proposes to repeal the following chapters pertaining to shellfish:
- Chapter 4VAC20-770-10 et seq., "Piankatank River Management Area"
- Chapter 4VAC20-780-10 et seq., "Patent Tong Restrictions”
- Chapter 4VAC20-790-10 et seq., "Open Public Oyster Rocks, Pocomoke Sound"
- Chapter 4VAC20-810-10 et seq., "Opening of John East Turn and Poynter Rocks and Closing Beaseley Bay Rock and Deep Creek Channel, Buoy No. 7"
- Chapter 4VAC20-830-10 et seq., "A Change in the Oyster Cull Size for Oysters Harvested from Russ Rock, Rappahannock River"
- Chapter 4VAC20-850-10 et seq., "Expansion of the Jail Island Clean Cull Area"
- Chapter 4VAC20-860-10 et seq., “A Change in the Oyster Cull Size for Oysters Harvested from Little Carters Rock, Rappahannock River”
The purpose of repealing these regulations is to increase regulatory efficiency by reducing redundant regulatory requirements found in other chapters.
A copy of the draft evaluations (after November 30) and draft regulations for the amendments can be found at https://mrc.virginia.gov/calendar.shtm