On July 15, 2020, the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board adopted §16 VAC 25-220, Emergency Temporary Standard, Infectious Disease Prevention: SARS-CoV-2 Virus That Causes COVID-19.
The final text of the standard can be viewed on the Department\'s website here:
In accordance with Va. Code §40.1-22(6a), the Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) will take immediate effect upon publication in a newspaper of general circulation, published in the City of Richmond, Virginia.
The Department anticipates that publication of the ETS will occur during the week of July 27, 2020, although the exact date is not known at this time.
Training and outreach products are being developed by the VOSH Cooperative Programs Division and will be made available to the regulated community, employees, and the general public as soon as they are available:
• COVID-19 Training PowerPoint for Employers and Employees with an included training certification form
• ETS Training PowerPoint that explains the elements of the standard with an included training certification form (including different versions for different industries)
• FAQs about the standard
• Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan Template (including different versions for different industries)
• Training PowerPoint on how to develop an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan Template with an included training certification form
• Flowchart for determining how to classify job tasks by hazards employees are potentially exposed to for “very high”, “high”, “medium”, and “lower” exposure risk levels
Covered employers will be given 60 days from the effective date of the ETS to develop and train employees on their Infectious disease preparedness and response plan required under §16 VAC 25-220-70.
Covered employers will be given 30 days to train employees on the standard under §16 VAC 25-220-80.