Overview of the Town Hall Website
The Virginia Regulatory Town Hall is the first comprehensive rulemaking website in the nation and has received numerous national and state awards. The website is managed by the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget (DPB).
The Town Hall allows state agencies to
- manage their regulatory information and associated meetings online from any location,
- track a regulatory action throughout the review process,
- easily communicate with the public and other interested parties.
- communicate and electronically submit regulatory packages to the Registrar's Office for publication in The Virginia Register
The Town Hall provides the public with
- convenient access to detailed information regarding regulatory processes
- automated notifications for specific events and meetings
- the ability to participate in the process via public comment forums
Frequently Asked Questions about this websiteJump down to
- How is the Town Hall organized?
- What information is available on the Town Hall?
- What is the regulatory docket?
- Do I need any special software to use the Town Hall?
How is the Town Hall organized?
Information on the Town Hall is designed around the organization of stage government and the structure of the Virginia Administrative Code. The following chart illustrates the basic organizational structure of the website. Place your cursor over any item on this chart to learn more.
What information is available on the Town Hall?
All types of information surrounding the regulatory development process including:
- Past and current regulatory actions
- Agency guidance documents
- Past and future meetings and associated agendas and minutes
- Contact information for agencies, boards, actions, meetings, etc.
- Public petitions for rulemaking
- Agency mandates
- Periodic reviews of regulations
- Agency guidance documents
- Proposed text changes to the Administrative Code
- Agency background documents
- DPB's economic impact analysis (EIA) of proposed regulations
- The Attorney General's certification memo
- Secretary's approval memo
- Governor's approval memo
What is the regulatory docket?
The regulatory docket is a listing of all regulations currently in development. Just click on the Changes Underway on the left menu bar to see this list.
Do I need any special software to use the Town Hall?
The Town Hall website is compatible with all popular web browsers. Documents on the Town Hall are available for viewing, saving on your own computer, or printing.
Adobe PDF Format
Downloadable documents are provided in Adobe PDF format. To view documents in the Adobe Acrobat format, you need to have the Adobe reader software installed on your computer. You can download the Adobe reader software free from Adobe's web site.