Agencies | Governor
Virginia Regulatory Town Hall
Agency
Department of Education
Guidance Document Change: The Model Policies for the Treatment of Transgender Students in Virginia’s Public Schools guidance document was developed in response to House Bill 145 and Senate Bill 161, enacted by the 2020 Virginia General Assembly, which directed the Virginia Department of Education to develop and make available to each school board model policies concerning the treatment of transgender students in public elementary and secondary schools. These guidelines address common issues regarding transgender students in accordance with evidence-based best practices and include information, guidance, procedures, and standards relating to: compliance with applicable nondiscrimination laws; maintenance of a safe and supportive learning environment free from discrimination and harassment for all students; prevention of and response to bullying and harassment; maintenance of student records; identification of students; protection of student privacy and the confidentiality of sensitive information; enforcement of sex-based dress codes; and student participation in sex-specific school activities, events, and use of school facilities.
Previous Comment     Next Comment     Back to List of Comments
1/5/21  8:04 pm
Commenter: Ellen Benegar

I do not support this when only 2% of students ID as trans
 

This is a travesty in that you are willing to support only 2% of the student population leaving the other 98% to be victimized by a law that breaks down scientific law of chromosomes as well as tearing apart the family structure by keeping information from parents. In addition, what about students using locker rooms and bathrooms that can be used by both sexes. This will open the state up to multiple lawsuits if there is sexual assault and really discrimination against the 98% who are straight. Do not pass this.

CommentID: 88481