|Action||Regulations for Licensure of Abortion Facilities|
|Comment Period||Ends 3/29/2013|
Health care should be about health care
I have read the regulations, and yes I support them.
- Requiring the doctor to ensure the woman is in stable condition is a good requirement.
- Requiring doctors to verify villi or fetal parts present is a good requirement.
- As for the hospital building code requirement, yes, being able to manage potential emergency situations is a good requirement.
- Requiring facilities to report all patient or staff deaths is a good requirement.
- Precautions from hazards of fire should be in place.
These are all basic policies and standards of safety. If clinics are unable to meet these requirements, shouldn't we be asking other questions about the clinics themselves? Some of these clinics have been around almost as long as Roe v. Wade itself. It has been 40 years now. It is time for some oversight.