|Action||Comprehensive Revision of the Regulations Governing the Review and Approval of Education Programs in|
|Comment Period||Ends 10/31/2015|
Areas of Support
- Change in Professional Studies from Foundations of Education to the Teaching Profession. Addition of the following language to the regulations:
- current trends in education, including the impact of technology on education. Local, state, and federal governance of schools, including the roles of teachers and schools in communities, must be included.
- Professionalism and ethical standards as well as personal integrity must be addressed.
- Knowledge and understanding of Virginia's Guidelines for Uniform Performance Standards and Evaluation Criteria
2. Addition of Assessment of and for Learning as part of the Professional Studies
3. Flexibility with determining content for elementary education and the inclusion of math and science methods as means for meeting competencies in AC20-543-80 –
(However concern over the wording and what constitutes a rigorous content examination)
4. Elimination of cap on Education courses for undergraduate licensure programs