12VAC35-12-45. Notification to licensed providers.
To providers licensed by the department, the department shall send the following information:
1. At or prior to the time a new regulation relating to licensed providers is posted to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall, the department shall provide direct notice to licensed providers affected by the new regulatory change that such change has been initiated.
2. At the time that the final stage of a regulation is posted to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall, the department shall provide direct notice to licensed providers affected by the regulatory change that such final stage has been posted.
Public Participation Procedures
12VAC35-12-50. Public comment.
A. In considering any nonemergency, nonexempt regulatory action, the agency shall afford interested persons an opportunity to (i) submit data, views, and arguments, either orally or in writing, to the agency; and (ii) be accompanied by and represented by counsel or other representative. Such opportunity to comment shall include an online public comment forum on the Town Hall.
1. To any requesting person, the agency shall provide copies of the statement of basis, purpose, substance, and issues; the economic impact analysis of the proposed or fast-track regulatory action; and the agency's response to public comments received.
2. The agency may begin crafting a regulatory action prior to or during any opportunities it provides to the public to submit comments.
B. The agency shall accept public comments in writing after the publication of a regulatory action in the Virginia Register as follows:
1. For a minimum of 30 calendar days following the publication of the notice of intended regulatory action (NOIRA).
2. For a minimum of 60 calendar days following the publication of a proposed regulation.
3. For a minimum of 30 calendar days following the publication of a reproposed regulation.
4. For a minimum of 30 calendar days following the publication of a final adopted regulation.
5. For a minimum of 30 calendar days following the publication of a fast-track regulation.
6. For a minimum of 21 calendar days following the publication of a notice of periodic review.
7. Not later than 21 calendar days following the publication of a petition for rulemaking.
C. The agency may determine if any of the comment periods listed in subsection B of this section shall be extended.
D. At the time any change to guidance documents related to licensure requirements is being developed, the agency shall provide direct notice to licensed providers affected by the change that such change has been initiated. The agency shall post the proposed change to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall, to include a public comment forum for a period of 30 days. Such notice shall include a description of the change and provide contact information for the agency's designated contact person. If it is anticipated that the change shall have an impact on staffing or payment matters for the affected stakeholders, the direct notice to stakeholders shall note this fact and request specific comments regarding an appropriate timeframe for the implementation of such changes.
E. Prior to the adoption, amendment, or repeal of any regulation regarding substance abuse services, the board shall, in addition to the procedures set forth in the Administrative Process Act (§ 2.2-4000 et seq. of the Code of Virginia), present the proposed regulation to the Substance Abuse Services Council, established pursuant to § 2.2-2696 of the Code of Virginia, at least 30 days prior to the board's action for the council's review and comment.
F. If the Governor finds that one or more changes with substantial impact have been made to a proposed regulation, he may require the agency to provide an additional 30 calendar days to solicit additional public comment on the changes in accordance with § 2.2-4013 C of the Code of Virginia.
E. G. The agency shall send a draft of the
agency's summary description of public comment to all public commenters on the
proposed regulation at least five days before final adoption of the regulation
pursuant to § 2.2-4012 E of the Code of Virginia.