18VAC85-20-141. Licensure by endorsement.
To be licensed by endorsement, an applicant shall:
1. Hold at least one current, unrestricted license in a United States jurisdiction or Canada for the five years immediately preceding application to the board;
2. Have been engaged in active practice, defined as an average of 20 hours per week or 640 hours per year, for five years after postgraduate training and immediately preceding application;
3. Verify that all licenses held in another United States jurisdiction or in Canada are in good standing, defined as not currently under investigation and if lapsed, eligible for renewal or reinstatement;
4. Hold current certification by one of the following:
a. American Board of Medical Specialties;
b. Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists;
c. American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery;
d. Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians of Canada;
e. Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada; or
f. College of Family Physicians of Canada;
5. Submit a current report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Practitioner Data Bank; and
6. Have no grounds for denial based on provisions of § 54.1-2915 of the Code of Virginia or regulations of the board.